WindShape is a fast-growing company headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland. We develop an indoor weather simulation technology for drone testing and certification, that offers controllable, accurate and repeatable flight conditions. Our innovative solution features a unique wind generator system capable of generating an infinite variety of wind profiles thanks to thousands of fans.
Our objective is to improve the industry’s current testing and certification capabilities to allow for autonomous and scalable drone applications in the upcoming years.
Recently, we have opened a US branch in Syracuse, NY.
We are looking for a Test Engineer who will be based at our first test center in Central New York. As a Test Engineer, you will work closely with the clients and your tasks will be related to overseeing the testing processes, collecting and analyzing the relative data and helping our clients in improving their drone designs.
Additionally, you will be in charge of managing the testing facility on a daily basis.
About the position
- Office location: Syracuse, NY
- Report to: C-level executives
- Weekly work time: Full Time
- Travel time: 5-10%
- Organizing & setting up testing environments
- Performing & evaluating drone test experiments
- Gathering data and preparing customers reports
- Suggesting fixes and improvements to clients’ designs
- More than three years of experience as test engineer in aerospace, drone or similar industry
- Experimental-oriented background with a wide area of expertise including
- Experimental fluid mechanics
- Good programming skills (preferably Python and ROS)
- Piloting and controlling drones
- Experience with motion tracking camera systems
- Familiarity with the main aerodynamic testing techniques
- Experience in people management
- Great troubleshooting skills
- Great communicator
- Analytical mindset
- Engineering Degree Msc or similar
- Fluent in English