WindShape develops indoor weather simulation technology for the testing, validation, and certification of drones in controllable, accurate and repeatable flight conditions. Our innovative solution features a unique wind generator system, known as windshaper, capable of generating an infinite variety of wind profiles utilizing thousands of wind pixels (fans). Our objective is to enhance current drone testing and certification capabilities to enable autonomous and scalable drone applications. The company has its main office in Geneva, Switzerland, and a North American branch in Syracuse, NY, USA.
We are looking for a VP of Business Development who will lead our efforts to create strategic partnerships toward developing a network of drone test, validation and certification facilities. This role includes, creating partnership relations with drone manufacturers to develop test solutions based on real world industry problems; develop strategic relations with drone related industrial corporations, insurance companies, and aviation authorities; identify and evaluate development opportunities for our growing network of test capabilities.
Ultimately, you will lead our development in North America and influence our expansion worldwide in ways that will protect, promote and enable our company interests.
About the position
- Office location: Syracuse, NY
- Report to: CEO and general company management
- Weekly work time: 40h (full-time)
- Travel time: 20-50%
- Understand drone market trends, limitations, and opportunities
- Conduct research to identify new markets and customer needs
- Establish, negotiate, and maintain strategic partnerships (insurance, industry, …)
- Identify opportunities to develop test facilities (source of funding, local industry, …))
- Develop and maintain a five-year product and service roadmap
- Establish and maintain a clear strategic business development plan
- Report to company management and help defining a long-term company strategy
- Hire and manage a business development team
- Provide marketing and sales teams with a clear vision of the market and it’s opportunities
- Comprehensive understanding of current drone market trends, limitations, and opportunities
- Ability to map the value chain and ecosystem of clients, partners, and competitors
- Exemplary analytical, organizational and reporting skills
- Previous business development work experience in the drone industry or similar experience
- Strong communication skills
- MBA (or BBA)
- English: native speaker preferred (at least C1 or equivalent)