WindShape develops indoor weather simulation technology for the testing, validation, and certification of drones in controllable, accurate and repeatable flight conditions. Our innovative solution features a unique wind generator system, known as windshaper, capable of generating an infinite variety of wind profiles thanks thousands of wind pixels (fans). The company’s objective is to enhance current drone testing and certification capabilities to enable autonomous and scalable drone applications for tomorrow. The company has its main office is in Geneva, Switzerland, and a North American branch in Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA.
WindShape is a fast-growing company headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland. We develop an indoor weather simulation technology for drone testing and certification, that offers controllable, accurate and repeatable flight conditions. Our innovative solution features a unique wind generator system capable of generating an infinite variety of wind profiles thanks to thousands of fans.
Our objective is to improve the industry’s current testing and certification capabilities to allow for autonomous and scalable drone applications in the upcoming years.
We are looking for a Head of Testing and Validation who will lead all our development activities including establishing new drone test and validation protocols, participating and leading international drone test standards efforts (ASTM, ISO, …), and writing technical articles and scientific papers to contribute to the promotion of our technology and expertise.
Head of Testing and Validation responsibilities include understanding the drone industry challenges and developing appropriate test methods that will enable a safe and efficient growth of this market; working together with industrial partners to define the best test solutions to existing problems; and grow, coordinate, and manage a team of test engineers.
Ultimately, you will run our testing & validation department in ways that ensure our leading position on the drone testing market as a service provider.
About the position
- Office location: Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
- Report to: CEO and general company management
- Weekly work time: 40h (full-time)
- Travel time: 5-10%
- Understand drone market development directions, limitations, and opportunities
- Prototype drone test experiments
- Design ready-to-sell test protocols for drone manufacturers and operators
- Write high-level technical articles on a regular basis to promote our solutions to our customers
- Identify opportunities to reach new market segments and expand market share
- Monitor competitive products and services
- Coordinate research and development efforts to ensure a good positioning of company products and services on the market
- Participate in the quarterly and annual planning of company objectives
- Travel to international
- Strong hands-on experience, preferably in the field of drones
- Experimental oriented background with a wide area of expertise including
- Experimental fluid mechanics
- Good programming skills (preferably Python and ROS)
- Piloting and controlling drones
- Experience with motion tracking camera systems
- Leadership skills with the ability to set and prioritize goals
- Analytical mind
- Problem solver
- MSc in engineering, preferably in mechanics, microtechnology or relevant field
- Previous work experience as a test engineer
- English: native speaker preferred (at least C1 or equivalent)